About John's Project

House: South

Topic: Psychiatry

EQ: What are the best ways to becoming a successful psychiatrist?

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog #2: Interview Check



1. Who are you interviewing and why?


A:
I will be interviewing Dr. Owen K Tsuchiya, MD.  Dr Tsuchiya is a Psychiatrist, and has been a good friend of my father for many years. After knowing Dr. Tsuchiya for all these years myself, I have taken great interest in the field of psychiatry. Dr. Tsuchiya is one of the smartest men i have ever met, yet he is very down-to-earth, so I know that he will answer my questions with honesty and with great knowledge. As a possible mentor, Dr. Tsuchiya is very qualified to teach me the ins-and-outs of psychiatry.


2. What additional questions will you ask them (in addition to the 5 we require)?


A:
1) What initially attracted you to the field of psychiatry?
2) What were the rigors of medical school?
3) What is a typical day for you?
4) In your opinion, what is the best part about being a psychiatrist?



1 comment:

  1. 1. Who are you interviewing and why?


    A:
    The initial interview with Dr. Tsuchiya was postponed, so I will be conducting my interview on clinical psychologist, Dr. Bishara Shahin. Dr. Shahin is my father and he has been in the field of clinical psychology and therapy for 25 years. Although he isnt a psychiatrist, Dr. Shahin is very eligible to take this interview because the work environment and work routine of a psychologist and a psychiatrist are very similar. Also, psychologists and psychiatrists field of study is almost identical An interview with my father would be very beneficial due to my fathers long time experience in the study of the mind, brain, and behavior.


    What additional questions will you ask them (in addition to the 5 we require)?


    A:
    1) What initially attracted you to the field of psychology?
    2) What is a typical day for you?
    3) In your opinion, what is the best part about being a psychologist?

    ReplyDelete