About John's Project

House: South

Topic: Psychiatry

EQ: What are the best ways to becoming a successful psychiatrist?

Friday, September 2, 2011

Blog Entry #1 What is your topic? Why?

The topic that I chose for my senior project is Psychiatry. I chose Psychiatry for many reasons; all my life I have been exposed to psychology due to the fact that my father is a psychologist. Whether it's the occasional newspaper article regarding psychology in the news, slid under my door, or teaching me how to deal with difficult personalities through a scientific method, my father has made the study of the brain a passion for me. However, a dream of mine would be to become a physician, but at the same time, psychology has always been embedded into my life. So why not combine the best of both worlds? As a psychiatrist, I can study the mind, brain, and behavior but at the same time I can prescribe medication, conduct physical examinations, and order & interpret laboratory tests like any other physician. 

After I spend a year studying this topic in high school, I hope to pursue my goal of medical school and residency once i finish my undergrad work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment