About John's Project

House: South

Topic: Psychiatry

EQ: What are the best ways to becoming a successful psychiatrist?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blog #4: Presentation Reflection



1.  In what way did the first interview affect your presentation?  Please explain, be specific and use an example.


The interview with my father Dr. Shahin was very beneficial because it gave me a solid understanding about the world of clinical therapy. However, my presentation was on sleep and what he told me in the interview consisted more of the pros and cons of working in a clinical/counseling setting. Sleep is very dear to me, and i knew of it's importance on the human psyche, so i was glad to present on that.
2.  What would you say stood out about your presentation performance and why?


I came to my presentation dressed professionally, so that my peers could take my presentation seriously. My presentation was layered, like an onion; I lured them in with some amusing facts, then i tied it back to my senior topic (psychiatry.) Also, the transitions were were smooth in my opinion. I also tried to engage the audience several times and I had a pretty decent visual visuals.

3.  What was the most challenging to do and why?


I got kinda choked up in the beginning of my presentation for some reason, maybe because it was the first formal presentation of the year. But i was able to regroup and I finished strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment