About John's Project

House: South

Topic: Psychiatry

EQ: What are the best ways to becoming a successful psychiatrist?

Monday, October 17, 2011

Blog #7: Independent Component 1 Plan Approval.

1.
For independent component #1, I will be volunteering at the Kaiser LAMC Emergency Room. Through this volunteer program, i will be shadowing doctors (general surgeons, ob/gyn's, psychiatrists, etc...) as well as EMT's and registered nurses.

2.
I will drive down to LA every Sunday where i will do my 8 hour shift for the rest of senior year. so i will meat my requirement, and then some.

3.
My EQ is "what is are the best ways to becoming a successful psychiatrist?" I believe that being exposed to a wide range of medical practices ranging from setting up an EKG to surgery under local anesthetic will broaden my knowledge of the medical field as well as desensitize me a little bit. Also, i am able to sit in on psychiatrist, who come into the hospital daily, while he does evaluation on a mental health patient in the ER.

1 comment: